Hollister-Area Estate Planning Lawyers Secure Your Legacy
Efficient legal tools to safeguard wealth for you and your heirs
The Grunsky Law Firm PC provides comprehensive, tax-sensitive estate planning for testators at every economic level. Our innovative attorneys employ a full range of legal tools, including highly flexible trust instruments, to customize plans that fit your goals and circumstances. Our attorneys also have extensive experience in probate administration and have handled estates of all sizes, from modest homes to large farms, and other high-value estates comprising complex business interests, real estate holdings and assets located in more than one state.
Hollister and Watsonville attorneys offer legal safeguards for testators in retirement
An important goal of estate planning is to protect you as much as possible during retirement. This means planning for contingencies with legal instruments such as:
- Durable powers of attorney — Seniors feeling the inevitable decline of old age can select a trusted person to exercise control over their finances and/or to act as their agent for healthcare decisions if they become incapacitated.
- Advance medical directives — Individuals who have an objection to certain lifesaving interventions can set parameters for the type and degree of care they find acceptable.
- Business succession plans — If you have a small business or closely held company, we can help you draft a plan that names your successor, makes the transition over time, and provides you with income during retirement. Our significant experience in this area extends to farms and interests in agricultural property.
Our estate planning attorneys make your welfare priority number one.
Attorneys for wills and trusts serving Watsonville and Hollister, California
Every adult should have a will. Even if you have no significant property to pass on, your will is your final opportunity to express affection for the people, organizations and causes you hold dear. If you don’t execute a will, your property passes according to California’s laws of inheritance without regard to your wishes. Our attorneys can help you execute a valid will to acknowledge the loved ones who most matter to you. Although a will is a simple instrument for transferring wealth, it is not always the most effective means. Our estate planning attorneys employ a variety of trusts to accomplish more complex estate planning goals while minimizing your estate’s exposure to taxes. The tools we use include:
- Revocable and irrevocable trusts
- Bypass or family trusts for surviving spouses
- Qualified Terminable Interest Property (QTIP) or Marital Deduction Trusts
- Generation Skipping Transfer (GST) Trusts
- Irrevocable Life Insurance Trusts (ILITs)
- Special Needs Trusts
- Qualified Domestic Trusts for non-citizen spouses (QDOTs)
- Qualified Personal Residence Trusts (QPRTs)
We carefully craft comprehensive estate plans that accomplish the goals of our clients while minimizing their tax implications. Should conflicts arise in the administration of a trust or the settling of an estate, our trust litigation attorneys can provide effective representation for trustees and beneficiaries.
Contact our estate planning lawyers in Hollister, Santa Cruz and Watsonville
A comprehensive estate plan gives you protection in retirement and allows you to pass on a legacy to your heirs smoothly and cost-effectively. No matter your age, an estate planning attorney at The Grunsky Law Firm PC can provide the guidance you need to safeguard your wealth for your family’s future. Call us today at 831-740-8881 or contact us online to schedule a consultation at our offices in Watsonville, Santa Cruz or Hollister.